All Classes are grouped by age and meet once a week for two hours, except as noted below for the Baby Play class. Age groups and class times are structured around the changing needs (skills, interests, naps, etc.) of the children at various stages of development. Children develop dramatically during these early years and we plan our classroom activities, as well as our parent discussion topics, to be age-appropriate and grow with your child.
Age Of Child As Of September 1st Of Enrolling Year
Older Babies And Toddlers - 9-20 Months
Six available classes - Monday - Friday from 9 - 11 AM called "AM Classes" or Thurs PM2 from 2:30 - 4:30 PM. Snack time is included.
Older Toddlers And 2-Year Olds - 21-36 Months
Four available classes - Mon, Wed, Thur, and Fri from 11:30-1:30 PM called "PM Classes". Lunch time is included.
Evening Class - 18-33 Months
An Evening class is held on Wed from 5:15 - 7:15 PM. Dinner time is included.
Baby Play / Parent Support Class - 3-8 Months
Tuesdays from 12:30 - 2:00 PM. This is a 90-minute class, and meets 12 times a semester.
Alumni Class - Parents Of 3-5 Yrs Olds
Parents-only class that meets 6 times during the semester from 7:30-9:30 PM.
Find your child's class based on birthday ranges below.
6/1/15 - 11/1/15
4/1/15 - 10/1/15
1/1/15 - 7/1/15
| Thur AM
1/1/15 - 7/1/15
2/1/15 - 9/1/15
3/1/14 - 1/1/15
9/1/13 - 5/1/14
12/1/13 - 10/1/14
3/1/14 - 3/1/15
4/1/16 - 10/1/16
11/1/15 - 4/1/16
1/1/14 - 5/1/15
Class Frequency and Format
- Standard Classes - AM, PM, PM2 & Wed Evening classes meet 30 times between September and May. Class format includes:
- Informal circle time including singing, movement, and stories,
- Free play time for the children at all stations with half the parents watching the designated station areas each week,
- Snack / meal time for the whole class,
- Facilitated discussion time for half the parents every other week
- Baby Play Class meet 12 times each semester; Fall and Spring class registrations are seperate for Baby Play Class
- Baby Play Class format includes playtime and informal discussion with parents and children together
- Alumni Class meets 6 times a year at the home of a participant.
- Class format includes an informal gathering for the first 30 minutes, followed by a facilitated discussion on age appropriate topics, requested and selected by the class participants.
Optional Social Activities & Events
- Age-appropriate Halloween Party for all Little Wonders families
- Pajama Night held once for each of the Standard Classes on a Friday evening during the School Year
- Optional Parent Education Nights offered throughout the year on a variety of topics relevant to Little Wonders families
- Informal Parent Night Outs organized by Class
- End of the Year Picnic for all Little Wonders families